Laura Gregory – Licensed Cosmetologist
Define your beauty
Healthy Hair & Braiding Technique
The hair industry continues to evolve and grow and the new innovate wave of Braid styles has had a major impact on the progression.
While Braids are one of the most requested, I like to educate my clients on keeping the hair healthy while achieving the Braid styles. I inform clients on proper maintenance to ensure keeping healthy hair during “protective styling” is always priority number one. I am cognizant of hair tension, edges and the state of the hair before, during and after styling. I encourage clients to be vigilant in styling fresh braids, as there is initially some level of unusual tension. I also advise clients to keep the scalp cleansed with an antiseptic and moisturized/oiled, as most braiding styles will stay in longer than two weeks.
To empower and build self-confidence in women and young girls one style at a time
What I Offer
From knotless braids box braids to feed-in braids, I work with one client at a time to ensure little to no wait time. My method and experience promises a neat and clean look as well as tension free protective style that compliments and promotes healthy hair.
An alternative to traditional sew-ins, crochet braiding is available in both a full and partial install. You can select a full natural hair install to a partial braid and mohawk style. View the description in the scheduler prior to choosing your appointment type.
My little clients will recieve a shampoo, conditioner, and a moisturizer before receiving their braid styles. I ensure that their style is trendy and stress free on their young tresses and easy to manage for parents.
Two Strand twists, Rod sets and Loc Maintenance are just a few natural hair styles that are provided. However with any style, nurturing the natural hair will keep the hair growing and healthy.
Please read the entire policy before scheduling
To schedule an appointment, a $25 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required.
- If a deposit is not received at the time of scheduling, your appointment will be canceled.
- You are only allowed to reschedule one time before your deposit is forfeited
- Please pay via Cashapp ($Lgreg83), ApplePay, and Paypal (Lgreg83@yahoo.com); There is a $3 fee for all card transactions
- Deposits are applied to the total price of your service; however, you will have the option to pay in full with no additional cost
- Cancellations or rescheduling can be done 48 hours prior to your appointment; at that point, your $25 deposit will be refunded or used towards a rescheduled appointment.
- If you do not call/text/email 48 hours prior to your appointment to cancel or reschedule, your $25 deposit will act as a cancellation fee and will not be refunded
- Same day cancellations will forfeit your deposit.
Prices listed are initial price points and are subject to increase based on customized styles or special requests
- Please use the add-on selections as it applies to your request
- Prices are subject to change based on extreme hair care needs, such as scalp deficiencies, severely tangled or matted hair.
Hair should be clean, free from debris and blow dried before arriving and receiving service
- If shampoo service is needed, please select it as an add-on to your service
- Kid prices include shampoo/conditioning/moisturizing
The Fine Print
Hair should be at least 4 inches all around in order to receive braiding services
- If hair is not at least 4 inches all around or if you have alopecia or troubled areas, please call/text 203-449-2657 before booking
Hair is NOT currently included.
- RUWA, Xpressions, and Que PRESTRETCHED is the Preferred Brand
Need more information?
"I took my daughter here and felt so at home. It was a peaceful experience and my daughter said it didn't even hurt. She has a lot of thick hair and Ms. Laura does an excellent job."
"Gifted Hands are exactly what Laura has. In my two styles (knotless braids and feed-in cornrows), she did not disappoint. She is very precise with her work and I received so many compliments! She is highly recommended for all your protective style needs."
"I honestly can't say enough wonderful things!! My granddaughter who usually cries at the mere mention of getting her hair done, is all smiles when she's told she gets to go see Miss Laura. Laura's thoughtfulness and calm demeanor make our 80 mile drive to see her very well worth it!"
"I started taking my granddaughter to Ms Laura about 2months ago and we couldn't be happier. My baby loves to go and feels beautiful when she is done. Ms Laura uses great products and always does her hair in an age appropriate style!! She has definitely made a long term customer out of us and I can breath easier because I don't have to worry about all that hair anymore"
"I highly recommend Ms. Laura for adult and children braiding needs. She’s great with long and thick hair and the styles last a long time. Ms. Laura is very professional and loves what she does. This is the place to go if you are looking for a professional establishment where you can get a great style that will last"